- 1. Dates and Timing:
- 2. Sponsor and Administrator:
- 3. Eligibility:
- 4. How To Enter:
- 5. Submission Modifications:
- 6. Judges Criteria:
- 7. Intellectual Property Rights:
- 8. Prizes:
- 9. Entry Conditions and Release:
- 10. Publicity:
- 11. General Conditions:
- 12. Limitations of Liability:
- 13. Disputes:
- 14. Entrant’s Personal Information:
1. Dates and Timing:
Submission Period: July 1, 2023 (12:00 pm Eastern Time) – August 21, 2023 (5:00 pm Eastern Time).
Judging Period: August 21, 2023 (12:00 pm Eastern Time) – August 30, 2023 (5:00 pm Eastern Time).
Winners Announced: On or around September 1, 2023 (12:00 pm Eastern Time).
2. Sponsor and Administrator:
Sponsor: Ripple Labs, Inc., 315 Montgomery St. 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94123, United States.
Administrator: DoraHacks, 201 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States.
Open to individuals of the age of majority where they reside, Teams of eligible individuals, and Organizations that exist and are organized or incorporated at the time of entry.
Not open to:
Individuals who are residents of, or Organizations domiciled in, a country, state, province, or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize in the Hackathon (including, but not limited to Quebec, Russia, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or the Crimea, Donetsk People’s Republic, or Luhansk People’s Republic regions of Ukraine and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control).
Organizations involved with the design, production, paid promotion, execution, or distribution of the Hackathon, including the Sponsor and Administrator (“Promotion Entities”).
Employees, representatives of such Promotion Entities, and all members of their immediate family or household.
Any other individual or organization whose participation in the Hackathon would create, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, a real or apparent conflict of interest.
4. How To Enter:
Register on the Hackathon Website (https://dorahacks.io/hackathon/xrpl-hackathon).
Use required developer tools to build a functional app using or enhancing XRP Ledger(Project).
Create a video demonstrating the Project's features and functionality. - Enter the Submission on the Hackathon Website with required details.
5. Submission Modifications:
Draft Submissions can be saved before the end of the Submission Period.
Limited modifications may be allowed after the Submission Period for certain reasons.
6. Judges & Criteria:
Once a project the submission period is closed, a group of judges selected by the Sponsor will review it to see if it meets the eligibility requirements. These judges could be employees of the Sponsor or third parties, and they might change during the review process. The review may have multiple rounds, and each round will have different criteria.
In the first round, the judges will check if the projects meet a certain standard of viability. This means the project should align with the theme of the Hackathon and use the required APIs/SDKs.
For the second round, all projects that pass the first round will be evaluated based on the following criteria, which are all equally important:
1. Idea Quality: How creative and original is the idea?
2. Implementation: How well did the developer bring the idea to life?
3. Potential Impact: To what extent does the solution use the XRP Ledger?
The judges will give scores based on these criteria to determine the potential winners of the prizes. The projects with the highest scores in each category will become potential winners of those prizes.
7. Intellectual Property Rights:
Submissions remain the intellectual property of the Entrants.
Sponsor and Manager have the right to use Submissions for promotional purposes.
First, second, and third-place prizes in XRP tokens, virtual meetings with Ripple engineers, and social promotion.
Honorable mentions will receive Prizes and virtual meetings with Ripple engineers.
9. Entry Conditions and Release:
- Entrants release the Released Parties from liability related to the Hackathon.
- Entrants agree to the promotion and display of their Submissions and personal information.
11. General Conditions:
Sponsor and Administrator may modify or cancel the Hackathon under certain circumstances.
Disqualification may occur for inappropriate behavior or violations of the Official Rules. - The Official Rules prevail in case of any discrepancies.
12. Limitations of Liability:
- Entrants release the Released Parties from liability, except for gross negligence or intentional acts.
- Disputes shall be resolved through arbitration and governed by the laws of California, USA.
14. Entrant’s Personal Information:
- Entrant's information is not collected to create a submission but will be collected by the Sponsor to complete the payment process.
For any questions, email email@example.com.