Introducing the Sway Summer Hackathon
Be a part of the next generation of blockchain by building decentralized applications using the Sway smart contract language on Fuel, the Fastest Modular Execution Layer, for a chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes!
Mark your calendars: the hackathon will take place from July 7th to August 7th.
About the Hackathon
The Sway Summer Hackathon is a virtual event welcoming developers worldwide to showcase their skills and innovative ideas. The hackathon aims to push the boundaries of what's possible with the Sway language and the Fuel blockchain, and we're inviting you to be a part of it. This event will be hosted on the DoraHacks platform, a community-driven global hackathon organizer with a proven track record of hosting successful events.
We want to ensure the Sway Summer Hackathon promotes originality and value to the Fuel ecosystem. Therefore, we've set the following judging criteria:
- Ecosystem Fit: Does the project fill a missing need in the Fuel ecosystem? We're interested in solutions that cover new ground. For ideas and an overview of the ecosystem, see https://fuel.build/
- Originality: We're looking for fresh approaches. No Uniswap clones or unoriginal ports of protocols from other chains, please.
- Impact: Does the project have a viable path to adoption that will uplift the Fuel ecosystem?
- Architecture: We're especially interested in projects that leverage the unique features of the Fuel protocol, such as UTXO for state minimization, parallelism, and improved UX.
- Your project must be a public open-source GitHub repository.
- A pitch deck summarizing every feature of your project or a detailed readme file must be submitted.
- A small demo video (max. 5 minutes). Recommended but not required.
- You must submit your work before the deadline.
For those of you who are looking to deploy on our
beta-3 Testnet. We highly recommend using the
beta-3 toolchain exclusively, as the latest versions of our tools and SDKs may not be compatible with the
To ensure a smooth experience, please refer to our Sway QuickStart Guide for detailed instructions on how to properly install the
However, if you would like to use the latest toolchain, SDKs and bug fixes in a local project, please feel free to do so using the
beta-4-rc channel via
fuelup, please feel free to do so. Rest assured, the decision to not deploy to the public Testnet will not impact your project's chances of winning prizes.
How to Participate
Log in on the DoraHacks platform and start building. At the end of the Hackathon, only the submitted projects will be taken into consideration.
We can't wait to see what innovative solutions our community will bring to the table. It's time to roll up your sleeves and start brainstorming. Get ready for an exciting summer of coding with the Sway Summer Hackathon!
Fuel is the fastest execution layer for the modular blockchain stack. Powerful and sleek, the technology enables parallel transaction execution, empowering developers with the highest flexible throughput and maximum security required to scale. Developers choose the FuelVM for its superior developer experience and the ability to go beyond the limitations of the EVM.