Solana Summer Camp Community Voting Grant
1. Click “Grant BUIDLs” to view the participating projects.
2. Click “Vote” to support and choose your wallet. A pop-up notification will appear on your wallet and ask for authorization. Click “Approve”, “Initialize Voter”, and “Approve” (If the initialization process is stuck, refresh and reconnect).
Notice: the voting process takes 1 minute to initiate voters.
3. Once the wallet is connected (the wallet address should appear in the voting interface), key the amount you want to vote. For your reference: 1 vote will cost 1 $SOL.
4. Click “Confirm” to finish.
5. After voting, you can check the current project ranking via the leaderboard.
6. Feel free to join the #flex-your-vote on Discord to interact and network with other voters!
Meet other multi-chain contributors at DoraHacks today: https://discord.gg/Wxeh5XXXjq
Let’s level up your voting profile!
Quadratic Voting is a voting scheme introduced and often discussed in the Radical Markets community. It is often considered an innovative improvement of the traditional 1-person-1-vote or 1-dollar-1-vote voting schemes.
As the number of voting contributors for a BUIDL project increases, this BUIDL will receive a bigger matching prize from the community funding prize pool. And Individual contributors can vote for their preferred projects to push them ahead in the funding round. The votes cost $SOL, which is directly donated to the respective projects after the round.
So to be brief, what a BUIDL team can earn from a community funding grant includes:
0. What if I encounter problems during the voting process?
1. Can I see my voting history?
Voting history is unavailable for voters at the moment. But builders are able to view your address at the end of the hackathon.
However, if you would like to verify the validity of your votes, you are able to view your voting history via block explorer. In this case, you can verify via https://explorer.solana.com/.
2. Can I use bots to mass vote for some project?
Absolutely don’t do this. Botting and other ways of cheating will be detected by our anti-Sybil attack mechanism, which is why a grace period (3-5 days) is being issued for such a purpose. Please keep in mind that botting will NOT grant your supported projects any stance of superiority nor impact the prize pool distribution in your favour.
3. Can the project with more votes get a bigger share of the prize pool?
According to the Quadratic Funding mechanism, popularity is the basis of the distribution of the prize pool. If a project is supported by more VOTERS (rather than votes), it will receive more prizes by the end.
For e.g, A project with 10 votes from 10 voters will be prized more than a project with 10 votes from fewer voters.
4. Who receives the $SOL I paid?
The votes (or what we call “donations”) will go directly to the projects.
5. Why can’t I vote?
Invalid voting may occur for multiple reasons, please ensure that you:
Please note that the generated smart contracts from HackerLink will arrange and transfer the donated fund, conduct quadratic funding algorithms, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favour. The website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Be aware of the risks and vote rationally. Solana, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t responsible for any adverse consequences.
If you have any questions, please contact us on Discord. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!