Table of Contents：○ Introduction
○ vcDORA Voting Rules
○ Application Requirements
○ Project Application
○ Grant Distribution
○ Sponsorship Recruitment
○ About Dora Dōjō
Initiated by Dora Dōjō, ETH Research Grant is dedicated to funding projects and research topics in the Ethereum community and promoting the further development of Ethereum. A rolling monthly review is conducted on the Grant, which has a long-term validity.The monthly prize pool is up to 5,000 USDT and individual projects are funded at 300-1,000 USDT.
Dora Dōjō is an open source knowledge community centered on the underlying technologies and cutting-edge topics of Web3. Our team is devoted to promoting Web3 technology and inspiring more people to participate in the never-ending development movement.
ETH Research Grant is a long-term funding program to support Ethereum ecological research, and the application channel is valid for a long time. Project selection and grant distribution are conducted on a monthly basis. Here is the schedule:
- Project Submission：2022.12.12-Long term
- Time Table:
Project Submission[Round 2]: Jan 29th - Feb 28th
Judging [Round 2]: Mar 1st - 4th
Community Voting: Mar 6th - 16th
Result Announcement: Mar 17th
vcDORA Voting Rules
This round of community voting will be the first practice of PLONK-MACI on the BNB Chain.
1. The voting ticket used here is Voice Credit, n votes=n^2 Voice Credit. How many votes you can cast depends on the number of vcDORA aggregated by the address bound to the DoraHacks.io account when the voting ends (ie, 20:00 UTC+8 on January 20) (check here).
Voting does not affect your $DORA and vcDORA balance, and the amount of $DORA already staked will not decrease. If you want to get more vcDORA, you can also extend the stake period or increase the number of staked $DORA on this page.
Since voting needs $BNB as Gas Fee, please make sure that your $BNB is in the same address as vcDORA.
This voting round will be the first practice of PLONK based MACI. Through DoraHacks MACI-PLONK, the circuit design of zero-knowledge governance will be more flexible, and only one trusted startup is required. MACI will not affect the voting process, but will not display the voting results in real time. The results will be announceD after the end of the voting period.
Detailed Voting Guide：https://dorahacks.io/blog/guides/eth-research-grant-voting-guide/
Any research on Ethereum is welcome to be uploaded according to the topic. Stay tuned for more tracks to be added!
- Research Topic: Refer to track
- Application content: Please click "Submit BUIDL" in ETH Research Grant to provide detailed information about your project, including but not limited to research direction, research feasibility analysis, research plan, etc.
- Form of output: Fill in the details page in text/image form after the project is complete, or attach relevant links, including but not limited to papers, blog links, ETH Research Forum links, and ETH Magician Forum links.
- Click "Submit BUIDL" in the ETH Research Grant to provide details about your project.
- To verify the authenticity of your project, please contact @DoraDojo0 on Telegram or @HackerDōjo0 on Wechat after submitting your project.
- Dōjō Grant: Dora Dōjō will provide monthly funding prizes of up to 5,000 usdt for individual projects of 300-1,000 usdt.
- Sponsorship Grant: ETH Research Grant is open for sponsorship applications, and sponsorship grants will be placed directly into prize pool and awarded according to the project.
- A grant will be rotated if no project is available in the current period, and the current grant will be accumulated and distributed later.
The ETH Research Grant Hackathon will be open for sponsorship applications on a permanent basis. All sponsors interested in the event can apply for sponsorship of the ETH Research Grant at any time, and the sponsorship prize money will go directly into the prize pool.
Each month Dora Dōjō can arrange a live event for the sponsor to introduce the sponsor's services for developers and BUIDL.
To apply for sponsorship, please contact Telegram: @DoraDojo0 or Wechat: @HackerDōjo0
About Dora Dōjō
Dora Dōjō is an open source community of hackers who share their knowledge of cryptography and Web3 frontier technologies. Dōjo will organize regular sharing sessions in the form of live/audio/text, including Web3 cutting-edge technology papers, technical seminars, workshops, technical leaders seminars, etc. Welcome to build Hacker Dōjo community, discuss, learn and communicate in the community:https://community.dorahacks.io/c/buidl- dorahacks-io/6
The following topics have been shared by Dora Dōjō so far
- Memory Pooling Protocol Narwhal and Consensus Protocol Tusk
- Consensus protocol for Bullshark
- Modular public chains
- Cryptography topics (symmetric encryption algorithms, hash functions, group and public key encryption, digital signatures and KZG commitments, zero-knowledge proofs)
- Move Prover
Hackers who join Dōjo can put forward their learning expectations and take the initiatives to propose technical topics they are good at, and Dōjo will organize the sharing sessions. At the same time, Dora Dōjō has launched the Web3 Frontier Research Program, which regularly selects topics for hackers to research and explain, and rewards research contributors in the form of bounty. Hackers are welcome to claim the bounty: https://dorahacks.io/zh/daobounty