Neo APAC Hackathon
Founded in 2014, Neo is an open-source, community-driven blockchain platform designed to welcome developers into the Smart Economy. By enabling developers to digitize and automate the management of assets through smart contracts, Neo is built to realize the optimized digital world of the future.
Against the backdrop of an increasingly avorable regulatory environment in the Asia-Pacific egion, Neo is hitting the road with an all new ackathon. Join us as we visit six stops across six countries, including a grand finale ceremony in Hong Kong.
We can’t wait to see you as we forge new alliances, drive innovation, and pave the way for a prosperous future in the blockchain industry.
Neo APAC Hackathon embraces a hybrid approach, blending virtual and on-site participation to maximize outreach and foster communication. Submissions are accepted both online and offline, with on-site participants enjoying exclusive perks. Moreover, winners of the GAS Stations will secure their seats in the finale. For further guidance, please refer to the Neo APAC Hackathon Handbook.
Tracks & Prizes
Unleash your potential with Neo's advanced technology stack, N3 and EVM.
Choose from a diverse range of tracks and embark on an innovative journey in six APAC cities like never before.
GAS Station Prizes
Hong Kong Finale
The combined value of winner prizes, travel grants, and post-hackathon funding amounts to $1 million.
- Announcement Date: June 28, 2023
- Registration Period: June 28, 2023 - October 20, 2023
- Submission Period: July 22, 2023 - October 20, 2023
- Shortlisting Period: October 21, 2023 - October 26, 2023
- Hong Kong Finale: October 27, 2023 - October 28, 2023
- Winners Announced: October 28, 2023
Important Hackathon Links
- The hackathon IS open to:
- Individuals who are at least the age of majority where they reside as of the time of entry(“Eligible Individuals”);
- Teams of Eligible Individuals (“Teams”); and
- Organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations, and other nonprofit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry
- Teams or individuals from sponsor or affiliate organizations.
- The Hackathon is NOT open to:
- Employees, representatives, and agents of Neo, including members of their immediate family or household;
- Any Judge (defined below), or company or individual that employs a Judge;
- Any other individual or organization whose participation in the Hackathon would create, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, a real or apparent conflict of interest;
- Any team members who have gotten supports from Neo eco support programs (including but not limited to EcoBoost, Early Adoption, Grants, EcoFund, GrantShares).
How To Enter
Entrants may enter by visiting hackathon.neo.org (”Hackathon Website”) and following these steps:
1. Register for the hackathon on the Neo APAC Hackathon website by clicking the “Register Now” button. To complete registration, fill out the hackathon Google form. Registration enables you to receive important updates and create your Submission.
2. Entrants will get access to the required developer tools and complete a Project described below in Project Requirements. Use of the developer tools is subject to the license agreement related thereto. Entry into the hackathon constitutes consent for Neo to collect and maintain your personal information for the purpose of operating and publicizing the hackathon.
3. You must make your Project’s code open source and provide the link to the repository within your Submission.
4. Create a video that includes footage that explains your projects’ features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
5. Complete and enter all of the required fields by clicking the “Project Submission” button of the Hackathon Website (each a “Submission”) during the Submission Period and follow the requirements below.
- What to Create: Entrants must build a project or application using Neo N3 or EVM blockchain technology that fits into one of these five categories: DeFi & Payment; NFT & Gaming; AI, Social & DAO; Infrastructure & Tooling; or General/Special (each a “Project”).
- Functionality: The Project must be capable of being successfully installed and running consistently on the platform for which it is intended and must function as depicted in the video and/or expressed in the text description.
- Platforms: A submitted Project must run on the platform for which it is intended and which is specified in the Submission Requirements.
- New & Existing: Projects must be either newly created by the Entrant or, if the Project existed prior to the Hackathon Submission Period, must have been significantly updated after the start of the Hackathon Submission Period.
- Third-Party Integrations: If a Project integrates any third-party SDK, APIs and/or data, Entrant must be authorized to use them.
- Testing: The Entrant must make the Project available free of charge and without any restriction, for testing, evaluation and use by the Sponsor, Administrator and Judges until the Judging Period ends.
- Include access to a Project built with the required developer tools and meets the above Project Requirements.
- URL to your open source Project code repository on GitHub or another repository platform. Repositories must be public, contain all source code files, dependencies, and have an open source Apache 2.0 license MIT, GPL, or public domain.
- If applicable, include at least one hash of a smart contract deployed to the N3 or EVM TestNet from your Project.
- For Neo N3 Testnet, it should be deployed on v3.5.0 Testnet. Link for v3.5.0 release: . The network id for this version is 894710606. See details in release note.
- For Neo EVM Testnet, (will publish the details in mid-July)
- Include a text description that explains the features and functionality of your Project.
- Include a demonstration video of your Project. The video portion of the submission must meet all of these requirements:
- Should be less than five (5) minutes
- Should include footage that shows the Project functioning on the device for which it was built
- Must be uploaded to and made publicly visible on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook Video, or Youku, and a link to the video must be provided on the submission form on the Hackathon Website
- Must not include third party trademarks, or copyrighted music or other material unless the Entrant has permission to use such material
- Select at least one of the below categories based on which were used in your project:
- DeFi & Payment
- NFT & Gaming
- AI, social, & DAO
- Infrastructure & Tooling
- The Project submitted must be the original work of the submitter, be solely owned by the submitter, and must not violate the IP rights of any other person or entity.
- Access must be provided to an Entrant’s working Project for judging and testing by providing a link to a website, functioning demo, or a test build. If Entrant’s website is private, Entrant must include login credentials in its testing instructions.
- Multiple Submissions: An Entrant may submit more than one Submission. However, each submission must be unique and substantially different from each of the Entrant’s other Submissions, as determined by Neo at Neo’s sole discretion.
All Submission materials must be in English or, if not in English, the Entrant must provide an English translation of the demonstration video, text description, and testing instructions as well as all other materials submitted.
Every team or organization that enters the hackathon must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Representative”) to represent, act, and enter a Submission on their behalf. The Representative must meet the eligibility requirements above. By entering a Submission on the Hackathon Website on behalf of a team or organization, you represent and warrant that you are the Representative authorized to act on behalf of your team or organization.
- Hong Kong Finale Prize:
- Defi & Payment: $10,000 in NEO tokens
- NFT & Gaming: $10,000 in NEO tokens
- AI, Social & DAO: $10,000 in NEO tokens
- Infrastructure & Tooling: $10,000 in NEO tokens
- General / Special: $10,000 in NEO tokens
- GAS Station Prize:
- $5,000 x 2 in NEO tokens per GAS Station
- Travel Grants:
- $1,000 x 20 in NEO tokens
- Concept & Feasibility
What is your project’s concept and how is it designed to succeed or differentiate itself in the market? What is your project’s value proposition? If your project is revenue-generating, what is the proposed revenue model?
- Project Design
Does your project make good use of the Neo technology and its features? Will your project architecture scale? Are interfaces well-defined and thought through? How is your project designed to succeed?
- Project Implementation
Is the project well implemented? Is it clean and effective in its goal? What level of functionality has been delivered? As submitted, how easy to use is the project? How well does the submitted project align with the concept and design?