ZetaChain is launching its first DoraHacks online hackathon from May 15th to June 30th. The OmniChain Hackathon is dedicated to supporting excellent projects while reaching as many builders as possible to experiment and launch novel blockchain solutions on ZetaChain’s incentivized testnet. The prize pool is $30,000 with individual projects eligible to receiving up to $15,000. Participants are highly encouraged to apply to the official ZetaChain grants program along with their BUIDL as next steps.
#Chat and Get Support!
Btw, don't miss out on the Idea Board tab! It's your go-to spot for valuable tips, idea sharing, team forming, advice and feedback, etc. Get inspired and inspire others as you embark on this amazing hackathon journey ✨ *You need to click "Register as a Hacker" via the above button to post.
If you have any question, you can also leave it on the Idea Board page or contact DoraHacks user support account at Telegram @dorahacksofficial.
ZetaChain is an EVM-compatible L1 blockchain that connects everything. Build interoperable dApps that span any chain including Bitcoin while accessing all chains from one place. Currently, ZetaChain empowers 1.4 million total users and has completed 10+ million cross chain transactions. Learn more about us here: https://link3.to/zetachain.
- Win $30,000 worth of prizes to be given to 7 or more different submissions
- Hackathon winners and other outstanding projects will be shortlisted for the $5,000,000 ZetaChain Grants Program
- Gain exposure to VCs in the blockchain industry and ZetaChain ecosystem partners
$30,000 Prize Pool Allocation
Currency: $30,000 USDC on Ethereum
$12,000 USD Grand Prize Top ZetaChain Project Award
$3,000 Top DeFi Project (Vertical 1)
$3,000 Top UX Project (Vertical 2)
$3,000 Top NFTs Project (Vertical 3)
$3,000 Top DAOs Project (Vertical 4)
$3,000 Top Identity, Social, and Wallets Project (Vertical 5)
$3,000 Top Games and GameFi Project (Vertical 6)
Bespoke Outstanding Project Award for other quality submissions
- Must use Omnichain Smart Contracts/deploy on zEVM and/or Connector API (cross-chain messaging).
- Projects will be evaluated on:
- Use of ZetaChain-specific APIs/utility (omnichain smart contracts, ZRC-20, and/or messaging).
- Potential impact: how big is the need or market for this? Could this become a sustainable application or business?
- Creativity/novelty: Has this not been done before? What innovation is this introducing to the ecosystem? Why is now the right time for this?
- Technical expertise/complexity: Is this introducing any new mechanism or technology in a new way? What has prevented this from being created to-date? Is there some technical moat?
Entry is open for ALL projects using or building on ZetaChain. Projects that leverage certain omnichain features will be judged with higher priority for prizes.
To confirm that your project fulfills the requirements above, please provide a short description and evidence of integration in your BUIDL for inspection. The description should explain the usage of the feature(s) or chain. The evidence may include addresses and/or actual contracts deployed.
Brandon Truong, Head of Product @ZetaChain
Denis Fadev, Head of Developer Experience @ZetaChain
Panruo Wu, Head of Engineering @ZetaChain
Ryan Li, Co-Founder @CyberConnect
Amir Bandeali, Founder and Co-CEO @0x
Chjango, Head of Ecosystem @Cosmos
TZ, Defi Dev/ Cross Chain Arbitrageur/ MEV Lover @Sky9 Capital
Shah Ramezani, Founder and CEO @Noah.com
Nao Kitazawa, Investor, entrepreneur, web3/fintech VC. Former Head @Coinbase Japan
Clayton Menzel, Director of Protocol Strategy @Figment and Partner @Figment Capital
Infrastructure / Security
- Ankr: RPC
- Halborn: Protocol Audit
- ImmuneFi: Bug bounty
- Zellic: Protocol audit
- PeckShield: Smart contract audits
- ChainPatrol: for community scam link reporting and takedowns — integrated dashboard and Discord bot
- Chainalysis: on-chain security monitoring and forensics
DeFi / DEX
- ASETPay: payment gateway solution where ZetaChain will power DeFi across 15 connected networks and support a payment gateway to web2 merchants through Paypal and Stripe
- TowerSwap: DeFi AMM platform with support for ZetaChain cross-chain asset transfer
Social / Identity / Metaverse Gaming
- TaskOn: DAOs can set up campaigns to reward in any token from any chain + mint cross-chain agnostic NFTs on ZetaChain
- Mises: 40k active web3 browser users can access native omnichain swap app and other omnichain dApps on ZetaChain
- Verse Network by STP: omnichain DAO infrastructure/governance
- DeWork: chain/token agnostic payments for work tasks; receive in any token/chain including ZETA payments for ZetaChain DAO tasks
- DAOStarter: omnichain decentralized investment fund on Binance Smart Chain
NFT Launchpads / Marketplaces
- Artreus: NFT marketplace allowing users to mint, buy and sell tokenized omnichain games in any tokens on any chain
- Nabox: native cross chain asset swaps including BTC
- XDEFI: native cross chain asset swaps including BTC
- FoxWallet: native cross chain asset swaps including BTC
ZetaChain is the foundational, public blockchain enabling omnichain, generic smart contracts and messaging between any blockchain. It solves the problems of “cross-chain” and “multi-chain” and opens the crypto and global financial ecosystem to anyone. ZetaChain supports a truly fluid, multi-chain crypto ecosystem, where users and developers can move between and appreciate the benefits of any blockchain: payments, DeFi, liquidity, games, art, social graphs, performance, security, privacy, and so on. The founding team has previously co-founded Basic Attention Token, has strong crypto product experience since 2013 and academia research backgrounds in top ranked US universities. Learn more about us here: https://link3.to/zetachain
Decentralized and public: ZetaChain is a decentralized and public blockchain network. It is built on Cosmos SDK and Tendermint Consensus. While many cross-chain solutions like bridges have varying, often centralized trust models that have a track record for being susceptible to exploits and hacks, ZetaChain is a Proof-of-Stake blockchain, where all transactions and activity on the platform -- even cross-chain transactions -- are fully transparent, verifiable, and function in a trust-minimized manner.
Hyper-connected nodes: ZetaChain's nodes have observers that monitor transactions on every connected chain. Through ZetaChain's TSS architecture, the network can sign and verify transactions on every connected chain as a wallet can. By being able to read and write to connected chains in a secure, decentralized manner, these hyper-connected nodes provide a seamless omnichain environment for developers to build novel and powerful cross-chain applications on top of.
Omnichain message passing: A developer can pass messages (data + value) between chains and layers with simple function calls. Through message passing, a dApp developer can build powerful cross-chain applications by simply implementing a few functions within their existing smart contracts.
Omnichain smart contracts: Smart contracts can be deployed natively on ZetaChain that can read/write to connected chains. ZetaChain is the only public blockchain to support smart contracts with this capability, enabling a new paradigm of app development.
Managed external assets: ZetaChain's network and dApps built on top of ZetaChain can manage assets and vaults of external connected chains. This allows assets on any chain to be managed just as a smart contract on a single chain can manage assets on its respective chain. A dApp on ZetaChain can thus orchestrate and bring smart contract logic to any connected chain. This property applies to all chains, including non-smart-contract chains, like Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
- 1.4 million total ZetaChain users (480k MTU), 10M+ cross chain transactions and 600k organically grown twitter community
- Trust-minimized cross-chain asset and data transfer (No wrapped coins only native assets)
- Easy deployment with one code base for Multichain DeFi (lending, staking, yield farming), NFTs, DAOs, governance, identity
- Mainnet launch expected in June 2023 with major public upcoming engagements