We are excited to introduce the Injective X Google Cloud Illuminate Hackathon co-hosted with DoraHacks.
The Injective x Google Cloud Illuminate Hackathon is the prime builder launchpad for Web3 finance applications with a $100,000 prize pool. Developers globally are invited to join to build innovative Web3 projects that can revolutionize the blockchain industry as a whole.
It is a unique opportunity for builders to continue showcasing their creativity and innovation within the Injective ecosystem. As we’ve witnessed applications across all sectors building on Injective, this hackathon has expanded its track options, allowing for even more projects to participate. In addition, Injective and Google Cloud will be providing technical guidance, mentorship and prizes to help accelerate startups into the next stages of their growth.
You are encouraged to participate regardless of your project stage. The Injective Illuminate Hackathon encourages all builders to create native projects on Injective which currently stands as the fastest layer 1 blockchain. Participants can create projects in areas such as DeFi, NFTs, SocialFi, gaming, tooling and more. A list of potential hackathon project ideas will also be published in the coming days.
Tracks and Prize Pool
*A $10K prize pool will be distributed to the finalists according to community voting results. This prize pool is additional to the below track prizes.
DeFi, Infrastructure, and Tooling
- 1st: $30,000
- 2nd: $20,000
- 3rd: $10,000
Web3 (NFT, Gaming and SocialFi)
- 1st: $20,000
- 2nd: $10,000
- 3rd: $5,000
Community Choice Award: $5,000
Knowledge Partner Bonus: Decentralised.co Premium Subscription
Decentralised.co, a leading Web3 analytics platform & newsletter, publishes three weekly articles for investors and developers who like to stay updated on Web3 without being glued to Twitter. Senior executives from 140+ enterprises trust us to keep them updated on what's going on in crypto. As a bonus, Decentralised.co offers a premium subscription plan to the hackathons winners for free.
Online Submission Deadline(Updated): December 21, 2023
Project Evaluation: 2 weeks after the submission deadline
Why should I participate?
The Injective Illuminate Hackathon isn’t just a competition; it’s a revolutionary experience to ignite your passion and bring your idea to life. It’s the place to mingle with the best minds, forge teams with fellow visionaries, and confront real-world dilemmas directly. Here, you will be able to sculpt the next-generation applications and pioneer the frontiers of blockchain. It’s your launchpad to the future of innovation and your platform to create the next big Web3 project.
What can I expect?
There will be a wide array of workshops, insightful panels, and dedicated office hours to guide you through your journey of building on Injective. In addition, there are developer resources across Injective and DoraHacks alongside direct mentorship from the Injective Labs team available.
The heart of this hackathon lies in the vast horizons of unlocking boundless potential for you and your project. You will be able to showcase your creation to esteemed judges, connect with industry experts, and expand your network in the space. This is your chance to be the spotlight in the blockchain universe.
How can I get started?
1. All submissions need to deploy on the Injective Testnet or Mainnet and include the following
- Project Description
- Name and summary of the project
- Name of team member(s) and roles
- An overview of what problem is being addressed and how the team resolves the identified problem through this creation
- The design process behind the project
- The value this project brings to the Injective Ecosystem
- A demo video illustrating the project
- Github repo link
2. Single entry submission: Participants may submit a maximum of ONE project by the hackathon deadline.
3. Submission Materials: All submission materials must be in English, including the demonstration video, text description, and testing instructions, as well as any other materials submitted.
4. Disclosure: - Projects submitted to other hackathons or challenges need to be disclosed in the submission or README of the project. - Our judges will evaluate project submissions based on how the team implements their features and the uniqueness of the application.
Once all submissions are collected, Injective will distribute a list to the judges for evaluation. Teams and individuals who submitted projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Project Sustainability
- Can this project continue to grow and evolve?
- Is the user experience and design of the project well thought out?
- Is the contract properly tested?
- Have relevant test cases been covered with unit tests?
- Originality and Innovation
- How creative and unique is the project?
- Mass Usability
- Is the idea feasible?
- How adaptable is it across other ecosystems and integrations?
- Ecosystem Impact:
- How impactful and useful is the submission for the larger Injective ecosystem?
- Technical Complexity
- Does the interaction with Injective demonstrate quality software development?
- How well was the idea executed by the developer?
- Does the project work as designed?
- What is the level of skill or knowledge required to build the project?
Injective is a lightning fast interoperable layer one blockchain optimized for building the premier Web3 finance applications. Injective provides developers with powerful plug-and-play modules for creating unmatched dApps. Incubated by Binance, the Injective ecosystem is also supported by leading Web3 institutions such as Pantera, Jump Crypto, Mark Cuban, and more.
Dev Guides: https://docs.injective.network/develop/guides/
Injective Modules: https://docs.injective.network/develop/modules/
Cosmos SDK Modules: https://docs.injective.network/develop/modules/Core/auth/
CosmWasm Smart Contracts: https://docs.injective.network/develop/guides/cosmwasm-dapps/