Hello, DoraHacks voters. @HackerLink, you can incentivize blockchain ventures and help them grow sustainably. How does it work? With the Quadratic Funding mechanism, you can vote to impact the allocation of the prize pools and incentivize project builders with the total amount you contributed. Let’s validate your contributions to the multi-chain ecosystem at DoraHacks today!
Click here to learn more about DoraHacks Grants
Join us and become a voter @HackerLink today: https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter
- Be aware of the voting period for respective grants
- Vote via DoraHacks: https://hackerlink.io/grant/
- Owns an account with Metamask, Ledger Live, Infinity Wallet, Encrypted Wallet, Phantom, or Slope.
- Make sure you have a sufficient balance in your wallet. Depending on the grants you are voting for, you may need BUSD, ONE, CELO, USDC, etc.
- Please vote on PC (better via Metamask on Chrome). Voting via mobile may fail.
How to Vote?
1. Click “BUIDLs” to view the participating projects.
2. Click “Vote” to support and choose your wallet. A pop-up notification will appear on your wallet and ask for authorization. Click “Approve” and “Switch network” (If the initialization process is stuck, refresh and reconnect).
3. Once the wallet is connected (the wallet address should appear in the voting interface), key the amount you want to vote. The Nth vote will cost N*1 ONE (e.g.), so if you’re going to give 3 votes, you need to pay 1+2+3=6 ONE (e.g.).
4. Click “Confirm” to finish.
5. After voting, you can check the current project ranking via “Funding Leaderboard”.
6. Feel free to join the Telegram group: https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter to interact and network with other voters!
Why should YOU become a voter?
- Contribute to the multi-chain DoraHacks ecosystem
- Incentivize blockchain builders & support entrepreneurship
- Express the relative strength of personal preferences via the Quadratic Funding mechanism
- Impact the allocation of the prize pools
Meet other multi-chain contributors @HackerLink today:https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter
- Join us on Telegram for future updates.
- Follow Dorahacks on Twitter and Youtube to receive news, new video uploads, premieres, and live streams on Hackathon workshops and project demo sessions.
Let’s level up your voting profile!
What is Quadratic Funding? How does it work?
Quadratic Voting is a voting scheme introduced and often discussed in the Radical Markets community. It is often considered an innovative improvement of the traditional 1-person-1-vote or 1-dollar-1-vote voting schemes. The simplified formula on how quadratic voting functions is:
Cost to the voter = 1+2+3+…+ number of votes ONE (e.g.)
With such a mechanism, community contributors can vote for their favourite projects and emphasize their preferences through multiple votes. Along with the increased contribution each round, of course.
How would this affect project incentives? Popularity, which is embedded in this mechanism and is comprised of the total number of votes driving the top project with the most allocated prize. Plus, the accumulated contribution will go directly to the respective project after each round.
For the Chinese version, please view it here.
Frequently Asked Question
0. What if I encounter problems during the voting process?
DoraHacks provides voter support in Telegram, join us here.
1. Can I see my voting history?
Voting history is unavailable for voters at the moment. But builders are able to view your address at the end of the hackathon.
However, if you would like to verify the validity of your votes, you are able to view your voting history via block explorer.
2. Can I use bots to mass vote for some project?
Absolutely don’t do this. Botting and other ways of cheating will be detected by our anti-Sybil attack mechanism, which is why a grace period (3–5 days) is being issued for such a purpose. Please keep in mind that botting will NOT grant your supported projects in any stance of superiority nor impact the prize pool distribution in your favour.
3. Can the project with more votes get a bigger share of the prize pool?
According to the Quadratic Funding mechanism, popularity is the basis of the distribution of the prize pool. If a project is supported by more VOTERS (rather than votes), it will receive more prizes by the end.
For e.g, A project with 10 votes from 10 voters will be prized more than a project with 10 votes from fewer voters.
4. Who receives the cryptos I paid?
The votes (or we call “donations”) will go directly to the projects.
5. Why can’t I vote?
Invalid voting may occur for multiple reasons, please ensure that you:
- Own a sufficient amount of cryptos in your wallet. Depending on the grants you are voting for, you may need BUSD, ONE, CELO, USDC, etc.
- Connected to DoraHacks: you should be notified with a pop-up page on your wallet that asks for authorization to connect with DoraHacks. Once you authorized the action, your account number should appear in the voting interface.
6. Where can I find more exhaustive voting guides?
If the problem still can’t be resolved, please contact Voter Support at Telegram via https://t.me/hackerlinkvoter.
Please note that the generated smart contracts from DoraHacks will arrange and transfer the donated fund, to conduct quadratic funding algorithms, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favour. The website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Be aware of the risks and vote rationally. DoraHacks partners & sponsors, DoraHacks, or DoraHacks aren’t responsible for any adverse consequences.
If you have any questions, please contact us on Telegram. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world's most active multi-chain Web3 developer communities. It creates a global hacker movement and provides crypto native toolkits to help developers around the world raise funding for their ideas and BUIDLs. By far, more than 2000 projects from the DoraHacks community have received over $15 million in grants and other forms of contributions from supporters worldwide, and it has around 100,000 monthly active users from 152 countries. A large number of open source communities, DAOs, and more than 20 major blockchain ecosystems are already using Dora's infrastructure (hackerlink.io) for quadratic funding, community contribution, hackathon, bounty distribution, and governance of their developer communities.