Claim your voter role to participate in the Solana ecosystem growth!
Kick-off on September 1st, 24 selected grantees from the DoraHacks demos will pave into the Quadratic Funding grant for a week of $100K shared prize pool rivalry! Your role is crucial in wording the prize share of a total of $50K for all grantees. Voice your opinion in your vote and boost up your favoured BUIDL to the leaderboard top.
Let’s make a change in the tail of the 2022 Solana summer!
Solana Summer Camp Grant: https://dorahacks.io/grant/solana-summer-camp/
Meet Solana Summer Camp Grantees:https://dorahacks.io/blog/announcements/solana-summer-camp-grant/
Solana Summer Camp Hackathon: https://dorahacks.io/hackathon/31/
Join us and become a voter at DoraHacks today: https://t.co/VriAwV0Hmh.
- Voting period: Sep 1st - 8th, 2022
- Vote via DoraHacks:https://dorahacks.io/grant/solana-summer-camp/
- Owns an account with Phantom (see how to register an account with Phantom here: https://help.phantom.app/hc/en-us)
- Make sure you have a sufficient $SOL balance and gas fee in your wallet.
- Please vote on PC (better on Chrome). Voting via mobile may fail.
How to Vote?
1. Click “Grant BUIDLs” to view the participating projects.
2. Click “Vote” to support and choose your wallet. A pop-up notification will appear on your wallet and ask for authorization. Click “Approve”, “Initialize Voter”, and “Approve” (If the initialization process is stuck, refresh and reconnect).
Notice: the voting process takes 1 minute to initiate voters.
3. Once the wallet is connected (the wallet address should appear in the voting interface), key the amount you want to vote. For your reference: 1 vote will cost 1 $SOL.
4. Click “Confirm” to finish.
5. After voting, you can check the current project ranking via the leaderboard.
6. Feel free to join the #flex-your-vote on Discord: https://discord.gg/Wxeh5XXXjq to interact and network with other voters!
Why should YOU become a voter?
- Contribute to the Solana ecosystem
- Incentivize blockchain builders & support entrepreneurship
- Express the relative strength of personal preferences via the Quadratic Funding mechanism
- Impact the allocation of the $50K prize pool
Meet other multi-chain contributors at DoraHacks today: https://discord.gg/Wxeh5XXXjq
- Join us on Discord for future updates.
- Follow DoraHacks on Twitter and Youtube to receive DoraHacks news, new video uploads, premieres, and live streams on Hackathon workshops and project demo sessions.
Let’s level up your voting profile!
What is Quadratic Funding? How does it work?
Quadratic Voting is a voting scheme introduced and often discussed in the Radical Markets community. It is often considered an innovative improvement of the traditional 1-person-1-vote or 1-dollar-1-vote voting schemes.
As the number of voting contributors for a BUIDL project increases, this BUIDL will receive a bigger matching prize from the community funding prize pool. And Individual contributors can vote for their preferred projects to push them ahead in the funding round. The votes cost $SOL, which is directly donated to the respective projects after the round.
So to be brief, what a BUIDL team can earn from a community funding grant includes:
- $SOL from the voters used to vote for a particular project;
- Respective matching prize from the quadratic funding prize pool offered by the grant organizer.
Frequently Asked Question
0. What if I encounter problems during the voting process?
DoraHacks.io provides voting support on Discord, join us here or via Telegram, join us here.
1. Can I see my voting history?
Voting history is unavailable for voters at the moment. But builders are able to view your address at the end of the hackathon.
However, if you would like to verify the validity of your votes, you are able to view your voting history via block explorer. In this case, you can verify via **https://explorer.solana.com/.**
2. Can I use bots to mass vote for some project?
Absolutely don’t do this. Botting and other ways of cheating will be detected by our anti-Sybil attack mechanism, which is why a grace period (3-5 days) is being issued for such a purpose. Please keep in mind that botting will NOT grant your supported projects any stance of superiority nor impact the prize pool distribution in your favour.
3. Can the project with more votes get a bigger share of the prize pool?
According to the Quadratic Funding mechanism, popularity is the basis of the distribution of the prize pool. If a project is supported by more VOTERS (rather than votes), it will receive more prizes by the end.
For e.g, A project with 10 votes from 10 voters will be prized more than a project with 10 votes from fewer voters.
4. Who receives the $SOL I paid?
The votes (or what we call “donations”) will go directly to the projects.
5. Why can’t I vote?
Invalid voting may occur for multiple reasons, please ensure that you:
- Own a sufficient amount of $SOL (for voting and a gas fee) in your wallet.
- Connected to DoraHacks.io: you should be notified with a pop-up page on your wallet that asks for authorization to connect with DoraHacks. Once you authorized the action, your account number should appear in the voting interface.
If the problem still can’t be resolved, please contact us on Discord discord.gg/RFXypqtXA9.
Please note that the generated smart contracts from HackerLink will arrange and transfer the donated fund, conduct quadratic funding algorithms, and distribute contribution funds to the projects of which the voting results in favour. The website cannot guarantee the authenticity, legality and validity of the project, though admins will contact the projects to verify the validity with their best effort. Be aware of the risks and vote rationally. Solana, HackerLink, or DoraHacks aren’t responsible for any adverse consequences.
If you have any questions, please contact us on Discord. We would like to hear more from you and let’s keep in touch!
Solana is a public blockchain platform. It is open-source and decentralized, with consensus achieved using proof of stake and proof of history. Its internal cryptocurrency is SOL. The Solana Foundation is based in Geneva, Switzerland and maintains an open-source project. Please visit https://solana.com/ for more information.
Solana Ignition Hackathon resources: https://ignition.devpost.com/resources.
DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and one of the world’s most active developer communities. HackerLink (https://hackerlink.io/en) is DoraHacks’ open-source developer platform and open-source curation market. It provides unique on-chain tools to incentivize open-source developments around the world. The platform offers a variety of features including hacker profile, BUIDL, quadratic funding grants, bonding curve, bounties, and hackathons to more than 100,000 users around the world.